Journal of Irish Families
Box 7575 Dept. HPA
Kansas City, MO
All items ship priority mail in U.S. till Christmas !
The Irish Families Project
My Books- Broadcasts- Blogs - DNA
Genealogy and History Books
Meet the Authors
official iTunes Podcast Provider
Irish Family History Podcast
The Irish Roots Cafe Blog
Our Irish DNA project
The Irish Roots Cafe house band
Irish Hedge School
Our New Irish Hedge School Page links for You:
Irish Hedge School
News & Social Media
New Irish CD's & DVD's
History of Ireland
Irish Language gaeilge
Irish in America
Irish Sean Nos Song
Missouri Irish History
My O'Laughlin Genealogy
My Donahue Genealogy
About Hedge School
Coats of Arms
How to Contact Mike
To Contact me directly click here
Social Media Links:
Amazon Author Central: https://www.amazon.com/author/irish
On Twitter click here
YouTube Videos click here
Traditional Irish Song FB page click here
iTunes Podcast Provider Page click here
On Skype, my handle is: mickthebridge
Find my hedge school page on FB click here
On google plus click here
On Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/artist/4wg1iibUQ2lbeR5876DJ5m
Our Mobile Web Site click here
The worlds most published author in his field. Mike is a one of a kind resource. Since 1978, he has authored 12 hardbound books, 34 Irish genealogy county books, 40 CD's/videos, 300 podcasts, 7 broadcast series', and 1,000 articles. O'Laughlin also publishes rare works by 10 authors, including 'The Annals of Ireland by the Four Masters' and 'The Irish Book of Arms' (60 works in all).
Irish Sean Nůs & traditional singer Vocalist with the Irish Roots Cafe house band, Mike performed the first all Irish language stage show in the midwest, and Ranked #1 in the U.S. as a celtic artist on Reverbnation (for nine months). He has had the honor of singing Sean Nůs at the annual Gaelic Mass in Kansas City, and currently broadcasts live, streaming audio song shows on the web. Many of his songs are found on YouTube, Vimeo, and iTunes today. Early influences include Joe Heaney of Galway, Cathy Jordon of Dervish, and Niamh Parsons from whom he has taken instruction.
A featured artist on 'Tradconnect' out of Dublin, the editors 'Spotify' playlist ranked 'Over the Mountain' in the top 15. Mikes album, 'Irish Song: Traditional and Sean Nůs' was placed in the Irish Traditional Music Archives in September, 2013.
Irish Language Supporter Mike founded and co-hosted the 'Hello Fada' podcast, introducing folks to curious notes on Irish (gaeilge). He also publishes Irish language works, like 'Tribes and Customs of Hy Many'; and 'Hy Fiachrach'. A noted singer in the Irish, Mike gives basic lessons in Sean Nůs song. He has taken beginning Irish language instruction in San Antonio, TX, Dublin, OH, and Kansas City. He sponsors Irish (gaeilge) song events for 'Seachtaine na Gaeilge' within the community, and notes that 'old style' song is best learned via oral tradition, by ear, in dialects seldom taught today.
Irish Roots Mike descends from O’Loughlin of Kilfenora, County Clare, and ODonahue of Glenflesk, County Kerry, with Sullivan, Buckley, Kilmartin, Llewellyn and Kelliher roots. He began his Irish tours and import catalogue in the 80's, and uses his 3,000 volume library daily. In 2004 he founded the 'Irish Families' DNA project at Familytreedna.
A garage band drummer in the 1960’s, Mike started a printing company in high school. As a Rockhurst University grad in the 70s, he wrote “The Complete Book for Tracing Your Irish Ancestors”, in 1980. He subsequently founded Irishroots.com and the Irish Roots Cafe.
Appearances: National Public Radio & television; Irish hedge school seminars; Grand Marshall and judge in St. Patricks Day parades; Exhibitor at the Dublin Irish Festival for 14 years; and as a founding member of Irish cultural, bagpipe, and dance groups. A recent show with the Irish Roots Cafe house band, was on Oct. 27, 2013 in a live streaming concert on Concertwindow.more... as an author.
In Person or via your computer
Mike can appear solo, or with the Irish Roots Cafe house band.
Performances in Irish, Sean Nos style, or in English.
Live in person, or live online, streaming from our living room
to yours! (via computer hookup)
- Favorite activities: Baseball, Raquetball, Canoeing, and Walking.
- Current interests: Origins of Language; The American West; DNA. Sean Nůs Song
- Favorite board game: ‘Scrabble’
- Favorite place to be: ‘On the Beach’.
- First computer: TRS 80 from Radio Shack, way back when.
- Would fix it if he could: the School System in Kansas City.
- Best Movie: ‘Ben Hur’, without a doubt.
- Favorite Irish Festival: Dublin, Ohio.
- Favorite Food Before Heart Attack: BBQ & French Fries
- Favorite Food Post Heart Attack: Turkey burgers and Broccoli (right!)
Bard to Irish Families
What the Press has said:
- A Hallmark in the Field of Irish Studies - Irish Books and Media
- "Extends coverage to all who call Ireland home" - Dallas News, TX
- Major source book for Irish families - South Bend Tribune, IN
- American's greatest compiler of Irish history - The Herald, NJ
- O'Laughlin has finally done it - Pensacola News Journal, FL
- One of the top authorities in Irish heritage - AFRA Today
- New hallmark in Irish family history - Alexandria Daily, LA
- Never before have so many Irish family names, locations, and sources in one place
- - Commercial News, Danville, IL
- Michael O’Loughlin, mentioned above, also runs a fantastic website...
- ; - July 08 / Irish America Magazine
- * Michael is the worlds leading expert in Irish Roots..-IrishCentral.com. 2011.
My album with old style Irish song and historical notes (below)! All support appreciated
For Free song sample: click on left hand arrow above, to purchase click on red !
Come see us next at:
1) The Savannah (Georgia) Genealogical Society Banquet, April 26, 2008. Thanks !
2) National Genealogical Soc. Conference. K.C., MO. May 14 - 16, 2008. Thanks !
3) The Kansas City Literary Festival on the Plaza. May 17, 2008. Thanks !
4) Brownes Deli 121st anniversary, oldest Irish business in America, June 28, 2008. Thanks !
6) National Archives at Kansas City. Grand Opening podcast. May 23, 2009. 10:00-1:00
7) Dublin, Ohio, Irish Fest, consult/exhibit. Genealogy & Sean Nůs Song Tent. Aug. 2011
8) K.C. Royals Stadium: Halfway to St. Pats pre-game exhibit, 4:30-6:30, Sept 17, 2011
9) Dublin, Ohio Irish Fest Aug 3 - 5, 2012. Irish Genealogy tent. Sean Nůs tent.
10) Louisville, KY, Irish Fest Sept. 28-30, 2012. Old style song at the ceili
10b) Crossroads Coffeehouse, K.C., MO. 3/1/13
11) St. Andrews Church, Gladstone, MO. 3/2/13
12) Brownes Irish Marketplace, K.C., MO 3/09/13
13) Louisburg, Kansas, (band) Immaculate Conception fundraiser 3/10/13
14) The Celtic Ranch, Weston, Missouri, band 3/16/13
15) Irish Language house band; Granada Theater, Lawrence Kansas 3/23/13
16) Brownes Irish Street Faire, KCMO, June 22, 2013.
17) Dublin, Ohio Irish Festival, August, 2013
18) The Granada Theatre, Lawrence, KS. Sept 15, 2013.
19) Louisville, KY, Irish Fest, September 27-29, 2013, Bellarmine University
20) Streaming live video concert. ConcertWindow.com. Oct 27, 2013
21) Louisburg, KS, March 15, 2014 Irish Dinner, Raffle, and entertainment.
22) Gladstone, MO, St. Andrew the Apostle, Irish night, March 8, 2014
Free Search box below to find names, places, or events in books !