History Lessons from the Hedge Row
Lessons From the Hedge Row
History of Ireland
Two Thousand Years of Irish History
St. Patrick; Brian Boru; Vikings
Normans; Wild Geese; Famine...
Peter Adams and I go from the time of the ancient Celts, to the famine era in Ireland. The massive exodus to N. America, Australia, Scotland, England and S. Africa... is covered too. Having published the Histories of Ireland by Keating, and by the Four Masters, plus the Conquest of Ireland, my resource shelf was ready for this one!
'They were rough unpolished men, teaching by the side of the road, in small rooms, whenever and wherever possible'. You are invited into my hedge school today.
Click Here For More on Irish History Sessions
Click Here for our Irish History Video Shorts on YouTube
...and a big thank you to all of our members! -Mike O'L
All History of Ireland Podcasts are Free
1. 001. Announcing Our Newest Broadcast
2. 002. Introducing Your Hosts
3. 003. Hedge Schools in Ireland, History and legend
4. 004. Hedge Schools and Teachers Part II
5. 005. The Great Irish Famine of 1845 - 1852
6. 006. End of The Great Irish Famine
7. 007 The Story of Edward Devalera
8. 008 Immigration and Destinations Worldwide
9. 009 The Vikings Attack Irish, Raids, Tactics
10. 010 Vikings Settle Ireland, Before Brian Boru
11. 011 Brian Boru rise to High King, Dalcassions
12. 012 The Battle of Clontarf and its aftermath
|13. 013 Bardic Schools and Bards in Ireland
14. 014 Monastic Schools
15. 015 Flight of the Earls, Battle of Kinsale
16. 016 Confederacy; Civil War; Part 1
17. 017 Ireland in the 17th century
18. 018 Williamite Wars, King James II, Battle of Boyne
19. 019 Wild Geese, Limerick treaty 17th c. ends
20. 020 Irish History from the Hedgerow - 1700's
21. 021 Hedge Wolfetones Rising 1798
New Irish Language Song, Sean Nós group
We have singers who specialize in Sean Nós Song,
as well Irish Ballads in the English Language.
Check out our band page on Reverbnation
by clicking the picture on the left !
Our 'band' name is set up as 'Sean Nós Abu'
Sean Nós means 'old style'. Abu is a war cry !
Listen to hedge school songs for free.
Listen to all six Free Shows.
(1) Irish Family History
(2) Irish Song & Recitation
(3) Irish in America
(4) Irish Video Shorts
(5) Hedge School History of Ireland
(6) Irish Language - Hello Fada
New to Podcasting?
A podcast is much like an audio magazine subscription: you can receive regular audio programs delivered via the internet, and listen to them at your leisure on your computer, your iPod, or any mp3 player. You can find some popular podcast software here:
To add our Podcast feeds to your podcast software, use these URLs: http://www.irishroots.com/podcast/rss.xml and http://www.irishroots.com/podcast2/rss.xml and http://www.irishroots.com/podcast3/rss.xml